Amazing mushroom tacos everyone will love!!
Write a review
- 16 oz mushrooms (preferably baby bella)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- A dash of chili powder & cumin to taste
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- tortillas (street tacos or small soft tortillas work best)
- 1-2 avocados (for topping)
- cilantro, desired amount, washed and chopped (for topping)
- queso fresco, desired amount for topping
- First prepare your chopped ingredients by finely chopping the onion, mincing the garlic, and finely julienning the mushrooms.
- Turn on your stove to medium and add oil when heated. The pan must be hot before adding the oil. This will prevent the food from sticking to the pan.
- Add onions, mushrooms and garlic when oil is sizzling. Sauté for about 6-7 minutes, or until vegetables are translucent and fragrant.
- When this step is reached, add soy sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Allow mushroom mixture to cook for another 6 minutes.
- Salt and pepper can be added any time while mushrooms are cooking.
- While the mushrooms are on the stove, heat up your tortillas in the microwave, no longer then 30 seconds.
- Remove mushroom mixture from stove and spoon into heated tortillas.
- Add avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sea salt is not required, any type of salt will work just fine. Sea salt does tend to bring out the flavors more.